Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Second part of our "trick or treaters" costumes... we had exposed intestines I made from latex garnished with fake candy (Styrofoam/acrylic) and razor blades (card stock/silver spray paint.) Never got a good pic- the intestines were long- starting at my stomach and falling right above the knees. Ended up leaving my fake guts in PA- boo.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Just getting around to posting some projects from this Halloween- I was inspired by some old photos for our Halloween Costumes this year. The idea was "1930s dust-bowl-trick or treaters." Thus I made these masks (p.mache, acrylic paint, twine) I tried to create masks that traditionally would not be scary but really are. The key was to make them look vintage- which was accomplished with a dry brush technique using browns and yellows. Wish I could have spent more time on them- the paint was literally drying on our way to the party.
I made the series of skulls and corpse heads as the runner up prizes for the HH best yard haunt of 2009 contest. The winner received the pepper's ghost illusion kit (which is super sweet) made by Scott- we had so many entries to choose from we decided to award several second place prizes. The heads were later flared with the HH symbol and accompanied by Halloween Candy. I never got a chance to take a photo of them finished which is a shame- they are about 2/3 rds done in this pic. Congrats to all the winners.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
One of the many benefits of having a personal supply of corpse heads is that they can be used all year round- this was the last minute centerpiece I threw together for our Vegetarian pre-thanksgiving potluck. Wish I had thought of it in advance- it could have been much cooler.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Made a series of scarecrows for my Philly home this Halloween- Burton/Pumpkinrot inspired. I would have liked to make them a little more dynamic- fleshed out maybe- but I only had a day to put together 5. The pics are not the greatest but hopefully you can get the idea.